Wednesday 9 March 2016

Gender equality?

This is a bit of a different more serious post but seeing as it was international woman day yesterday it seems pretty appropriate to talk about.

Did you see about the company that allows their female staff 'period' leave? Personally I think that is the biggest step back that women in the work place have ever taken.
I've suffered with terrible period pains, I won't bore or gross you out with the details but I would NEVER agree for that to give me special treatment.
What are your views about this?
I understand some women have illnesses which means their periods are excruciating and I feel that it should be that illness that excuses them, the same way that if you're ill and your doctor signs you off from work.
What's next 'manflu' leave?

Moving on from that, we watch alot of music videos in our house because pops loves music and dancing but it's really opened my eyes as to how many women are just being used as 'meat' for the lack of a better word.
Shaking their bums and making suggestive motions. Is that what people expect from a girl bands music video?

I've never really concerned myself too much with things like this but now having pops regardless of her being a girl because I think it works both ways... The expectations people have and how it seems to be one step forward and half a step back.

I want other people's opinions so pop me a comment below, I'm also still sorting a giveaway so keep popping back to check if it's up (soon I promise)

Until the next post,
Are and Pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment