Sunday 14 June 2015

Lily. Lili. Lilly. Lillie?!

I've grown up with a not so common name and even more uncommon spelling, it wasnt great in school. You'd know the teacher was at your name when you would hear 'uhm'... I actually dreaded supply teachers because of this.
My holy communion the priest said my name wrong (even though he'd know me for years) and the amount of different ways to say it Ive heard is crazy... I didn't want that for pops. I chose a name I thought was beautiful and 'normal' I haven't got anything against other spellings of the name but pops has her name spelt the actual flower way so why has it now become so common to get that wrong?! 

Have you or your little one got an unusual name or spelling? Or even a 'common' name that still gets misspelt?

Until the next post,
Are and Pops.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Bernadine which is not very common but as far as I'm concerned it should be easy to sound out phonetically. Yet I also had issues with supply teachers and far too many people can't seem to help themselves from calling me Bernadette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's quite impressive what people can get when they read a name haha x

      Delete